PHARMACY TECHNICIAN- SIGN-ON BONUS $4,000
Sioux Center, IA
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm; 80hrs/2wks
**This position may be eligible for a $4,000 sign-on bonus**
JOB SUMMARY: Pharmacy technician assists in medication preparation, storage, distribution, inventory, and required record keeping under the supervision of a Pharmacist. This may include aseptically compounding parenteral admixtures and delivering medications to patient care areas, completing inventory and charge/credit processing, and having contact with nurses, patient and visitors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Completion of Pharmacy Technician Vocational Technical program preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required.
- Registration with the Board of Pharmacy in the state as assigned (South Dakota, Minnesota or Iowa) required within 30 days of employment.
- Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters course required for Iowa employees within 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.