Pharmacist - Regional Pharmacy Services
Sioux Center, IA
Work Hours: Varied Shifts
Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
Join Avera as a Pharmacist to improve patient outcomes.
- Work directly with patients to provide services in a compassionate manner.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team.
Provides pharmaceutical care, which includes all medication related activities provided directly to the patient with definite outcomes intended to improve the patient’s quality of life. The Pharmacist must accept personal responsibility and accountability for the patient’s outcomes. Maintains confidentiality when dealing with all customers. Must utilize effective problem solving skills as appropriate. Conveys enthusiasm and sincerity and promotes Avera McKennan and its services in a positive manner to all customers. Supports Avera Health/Avera McKennan through the daily application of our mission, vision, core values and social principles while providing quality care and service to our patients, their families, coworkers, physicians, volunteers, and the communities we serve. Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Performs duties in a manner consistent with Safety Principles. Coordinates work flow with other team members to ensure a productive and efficient environment. May be involved in organization committees.
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of ASHP Accredited PGY1 (and PGY2 for some areas) Pharmacy Residency preferred.
- Current and unrestricted registered pharmacist licensure in the state of South Dakota required.
- Board Certified by Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties preferred (Refer to staff development plan for specific requirements).